Wednesday 21 November 2012

We are sailing

Hello and happy Wednesday to you :)

I am here today to show you a card I made for the new challenge over at MMCS challenge which this week is to be inspired by a song.
I was inspired by the song "We are sailing" to make a card a card for my sons 4th birthday.

I have used on of the fabulous decoupage sheets from Jellypark along with some digi papers from the Playdate paper pack by Designs by Danni available at Jessica sprague.

*Top tip* I also used the crayons on the textured die cut waves - I love how it brings out the texture on them and I used the same crayon to colour in the "wishes" on my sentiment to tie it all together.

Here's another pic for a closer look

Don't forget to check out all the other DT inspiration over at MMCS.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges;

Stampin' sisters in Christ - Create a card for a child (Thanks for the reminder Jerusha of the 2 beautiful, and often utterly frustrating, rewards that I have the joy of every day !!)
Oldie but a goodie challenge - Anything but Christmas (my old stash on here are the waves and the decoupage)
Top tip Tuesday - Kids & teens (see top tip above)
Eureka stamps - For the kids
Incy wincy designs challenge - Hip to be square

Thanks for visiting - have a great week and Happy thanksgiving to my friends across the pond x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous card that image is adorable. Caroline xxx

Ann said...

Cute card with Jellypark. I have blog candy if your interested, details here, http://theantiquewardrobe.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-blog-candy.html

Unknown said...

Your card is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Sassy Raggedy said...

How cute is this...love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. joann sassy raggedy

Janice said...

Such a fantastic image & card - your son will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at an OBAG & hope to see you back Tues for the next challenge, Jx

Gem x said...

I love that image so cute, great for a little boy, great card love the colours, keep up the good work Gemma Eureka DT xx

Lisa Minckler said...

LOVE you wonderfully animated card. The 3D is perfect and this little pirate in his ship box is adorable!! Fantastic tip to use crayon for detailing textures as well. :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Suzie: What a darling pirate image. This is such a great, fun card. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps.
Blessings,
Karen L, Guest Designer
Eureka Stamps

P.S. Come by and play along with us here when you can:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
We'd LOVE to have you join us!

Deneen said...

What a great kids card, I love the image you used and how you tucked the sentiment in behind it. Thanks for joining the Kids & Teens Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.