Wednesday 25 July 2012

Girly goodness :)

Good morning I hope you are all enjoying the sunshine wherever you are ! The UK has finally found a little summer and I am lovin' it ! Isn't it amazing how a little sunshine can make everything feel a little easier - it certainly brightens my mood :)

Anyway I am here to show you a card that I made for the new challenge over at MMCS - this week our challenge theme is "Birthday girls"
I can't wait to see your creations this week I just know there will be lots of ribbon, lace, glitter and all things pretty :)

I used a wee stamps clear stamp and coloured her first with my Lyra aquacolors then added shading and depth with my prisma pencils - it is the first time I tried this combination and wasn't sure if the sansodor would mix very well with the aquacolor water colouring but it seemed fine and definitely added lots more depth to the image.

The yummy DP's are from the BG Picadilly paper pad and the main frame is die cut with my fleur de lis square spellbinders. I added lace from my local haberdashery - I love the clean bright white - and flowers which I tipped with scattered straw distress ink and lemon stickles.

Here is another look (sorry about the weird angle !)

I hope you'll check out all the details over at the MMCS challenge blog - the DT have been busy making some lovely cards and projects to inspire you.

I would also like to add my card to the following challenges;

Basic Grey challenges - Things with wings
Come & get it - BINGO (I used gems, diecuts & flowers - actually there is only one thing in the grid I DIDN't use !)
Let's ink it up - All girl
Card makin' Mamas - 1 image, 2 DP's & 3 embellies
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Use 2 or more dies (Spellbinders fleur de lis & Die-namics flat bottomed clouds)
Tammy's scrapin corner - BINGO (Ribbon, free space & flowers)
Bunny Zoes crafts challenge - Lace & swirls (swirls on frame)

Thanks for visiting me today - have a great day x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

13 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Just love this sweet image and the way you have colored her! What great embellishments!!!

Thanks for joining us as Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Vicky

Judy McKay said...

Great details - very pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Come and get it Challenges this week.

Céline said...

really cute, love the lace
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Shannon83k said...

Wow!! That is a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner.
DT Member Shannon83k

Unknown said...

Oh wow your card is soooo pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU this month, good luck with the challenge. Hope to see you next month at our new challenge blog. Hugz Suzanne

Berry said...

Uber cute work Suzie! Hugs Rebekah xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Lovely and adorable card with that super cute fairy.Love it. Thanks so much for joining this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

DistinctiveLMNts said...

Such a sweet card. I love the colors you used. Thank you for joining in at Card Makin' Mamas.
Lisa

Anneke said...

What a beautiful card! Greetings Anneke

Unknown said...

I love this image and it is just so adorable.
I am so pleased you
decided to join us for our Challenge.
Hugs, Founder and Owner of Tammy's Scrapin Corner, Tammy Ortiz

Unknown said...

This is a fantastic card! That image is awesome.. great coloring on her too.. the flowers are gorgeous! Love that lace too.. Really great! Thanks for joining us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner!
- Susan, DT Tammy's Scrapin Corner

Sassy Raggedy said...

Hi Suzie,
Glad to see you back again with another wonderful card. So cute and adorable. I love it. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, such a lovely image and coloured so beautifully. I love the colour and all the pretty detailing too.

Sue