Friday 6 July 2012

Brilliant bumble beeeeeeeee

Good morning I am very excited to share with you a new feature that starts today over at the Jellypark friends challenge blog.
Today see's the launch of our image spotlight which gives the DT a chance to share our own favourite Jellypark images with you as we take turns to spotlight an image. The DT will then use that image to create something - I just love to see one image used in so many different ways I find it's great inspiration x

So this week it's my turn to choose and I chose this adorable bumble bee

I have always adored this image as I do all of Claire's "dressing up" images - well ok I love 'em all !!

I coloured her with my pro-markers and added some stickles to her wings and antennae. For my card base I cut a 7" x 5" card into a hexagon and added lots of smaller hexagons to create a honeycomb look.

I added a ribbon & bow with some flowers (and more stickles !) and a sentiment - voila !

We would love it if you would like to share any projects you have made with our spotlighted image this week - whether they are new or old - just leave a comment on the blog so we can pop over to see your creations.

I would like to add  my card to the following challenges;

Come & get it challenges - Cute as a bug
Clear it out challenges - Use yellow 
Fashionista Challenge - Winged things
Card & scrap - Wings
Desert island crafts - Use 3 itinerary items (I used Inked edges, glitter & stamp - my sentiment)
Paper crafting journey - Summer - (Hiya girls xx)
Cute card Thursday - Gardeners world

Thanks so much for visiting me today I hope you enjoyed my card x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

12 comments:

Joey said...

This made me smile, FANTASTIC card. Joey x

ahlers5 said...

I just had to stop by when I saw this card this morning. I love it! The paper, image, layout, everything is perfect.
Diane

Hjørdis said...

It's a lovely Bumble bee card, we wish you good luck and thank you for joining us on Cardandscrap..
Hjørdis :0)

Suzie's Card Den said...

Sweet card, what a great shape for a bee, beautifully designed.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionista Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Deb said...

wow, amazing card, love the image and the shape, fabulous!

Many thanks for joining in the
♥Cute Card Thursday Challenge♥
this week! Debxx

Chris said...

Hey Susie, that bee is too dang cute, love your card.
hugs.

Laura W said...

What a fun card! Love the honeycomb you made :)
Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog!

Scrappy Katrina Lee said...

Love Love Love!!! The image & the shape & the whole thing! Thanks so much for participating in our "Yellow Challenge" at Clear It Out!

Christy Beans said...

Beeee-youtiful! Like everything you do LOL Love that you make the card shape a hexagon too! And even though I Follow you, I'm here on business again today, so -ahem- thanks for joining us for the Summer challenge at PCJ! ;) ~Christy

If you're interested, I have some Christmas-in-July Cash Candy on my blog: I Never Went to Kindergarten Come join the fun! =)

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Lovely shaped card! Thanks for joining in with our winged things challenge over at Fashionista and good luck. Hugs Julie x

tootsie said...

Hi Suzie! I am so grad to run into you! Gorgeous card!


Thank you for entering our summer challenge over at The Paper Crafting Journey

I have some BLOG CANDY
on my blog if you are interested!

Hugs,
Wendy

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at DICC. :)