Wednesday 25 April 2012

Time to celebrate


I pinned this sketch over at Sketchbook Saturday to my taskbar as soon as I saw it ! I knew I just had to create something with it - I love the balance that Iwona's sketches have they always make a great base for your papers and creativity.

I used one of my Anna Griffin clear lace stamps for the background (kraft) panel and embossed it with some white embossing powder. The striped DP is from SU and the spot is from EP Victoria gardens.
I also embossed the "celebrate" sentiment (HOTP).

Dies used are Spellbinders picot edge circle & circle dies. And also Crealies creative butterflies die.

Sorry about the terrible picture I tried to shine a bit of light onto the card without changing the colours too much - I am sooooo fed up with the rain and am very much looking forward to a bit if sunshine - must be some coming soon surely !

I would like to add my card to the following challenges;

Sketchbook Saturday - Beautiful sketch x (S)
The shabby tea room - Photo inspiration with ribbon & flowers (M)
The crazy challenge - Girly (M)
Paper pretties Monday challenge - Pink & green (M)
Craft room challenge - Ink it (T)
Creative card crew - Ribbon (T)
Flourishes timeless Tuesday - Bingo (I used pink, ribbon & die cut) (T)

Thanks so much for visiting me today - I had better brave the weather and get the kids from school !
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This is fantastic. The colors really drive the mages. I love the butterfly's this could be entered in my weekly challenge as a critter come on over

Amanda said...

What a wonderful card! I love your mix of colors and diecuts! You have a great eye for color and papers and how to use them to create such an artistic card!

Thank you for joining us in Flourishes Timeless Tuesday!

~ Amanda :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty Suzie! I love the colors and butterflies! Thank you for playing along at the FTTC.

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, love the beautiful papers and colours. Gorgeous butterflies too.
Lyndsey xx

Starr said...

Hi Susie, your card is so pretty, I love the colors that you've use! Thank for joining us at TSTR!

Starr

Debi said...

just love how you've created that background- yummy! thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, Debi x

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Awww! I'm so glad you liked this sketch, Suzie! Beautiful card, love the colours and your embossing is superb!!

Zoechaos said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous love the card you have crafted here. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck XOXO Zoe

Maria said...

This is stunning. I love the white embossing, it's really effective, and the beautiful colours with the Kraft are all perfect together. Thanks for joining in with our Ink It challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck.

Maria x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

You have made a gorgeous background ...overall makes a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at the Craft Room challenge this fortnight. Good luck! Suzanne :)

hazel said...

Your card is beautiful, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Jan said...

This is great thanks for joining us at CCC xx Jan