Wednesday 14 March 2012

Girly glitter

We have another gorgeous colour combo to challenge you over at colour create.

This week the lovely Sharon has chosen pink, blue & sage with white or cream and the optional extra of using something ripped or torn.

I have used a gorgeous day for daisies digital image coloured with my trusty Pro-markers and highlighted with my spica glitter pens.
The DP's are from a new paper pad called my private happiness from The scrapcake - I fell in love with these and couldn't find a stockist in the UK so ended up ordering them from Poland !

I spent ages thinking about the "ripped or torn " element of my card and had actually stamped and torn a sentiment for my card and then I had one of those nights when loads of crafty inspirations came to me while I slept and ended up producing these pretty little torn flowers.
I have to admit to being quite pleased with them - think I will make more of these soon - you might even see a little tutorial !

As you can see on the picture there is alot of sparkle on my card - yes I was covered head to toe ! Thank goodness for my glitter clean-up cloth (thanks for the tip Joanna Sheen) check it out here ! This time I chose diamond sparkles butterfly trails for my glitter - just love the twinkle it gives.

I hope you will play along with us at colour create this fortnight - don't forget to hop over to the challenge blog and check out all the amazing DT creations and get all the details I have forgotten to tell you x

I would like to add my card to the following challenges;

The sketchy challenges - Stunning sketch and fab inspiration too - thanks xx
Paper sundaes - Feminine flair
2 sisters challenge - Spring colours
I love pro-markers - Anything goes
Little darlings challenge - Colours of spring
Papertake weekly challenge - One for the girls
The pink elephant - Fab photo inspiration (M)

Thanks for visiting me today don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

14 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A superb card Suzie. Love the image and your fabulous flowers were inspired! Nice touch wih the woven ribbon too.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

WeirdCat said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous image, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, so pretty. Love the sweet image and delish papers.
Lyndsey xx

Tracy said...

Beautiful job with that image Suzie and I just LOVE that glittery frame. So pretty! Hugs!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a very pretty card, I love the colours you have used, an inspired choice.

Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Julie said...

Wow Suzie - this is so, so gorgeous!! Love the image and your wonderful colouring and layering! Love the little torn flowers too - just perfect! Hugs, Juliexx

~ Barb said...

What a beautiful image. And I am a big fan of glitter, just love the sparkle it gives your card. Thank-you for joining in at the Digital Tuesday Challenge!
{Hugs} Barb, GDT.

Unknown said...

Cute! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge!

Lisa said...

Such a lovely girly card! Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

CraftyDaffy said...

I really love your work and I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the Versatile Bloggers Award. Check out my post to accept. http://craftydaffy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/versatile-bloggers-award.html

xxxtglxxx said...

Really sweet card and ever so pretty :)

Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Basement Stamper said...

Your torn flowers are so cute and love the colors of the image. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Wishcraft said...

This is so pretty! Lovely papers and super sweet image too :o) Lisa x

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Suzie, you can't beat a bit of girly glitter!
Hugs
Tracey
xx