Wednesday 17 November 2010

Christmas with 2 sketches 4 you



I haven't played along at 2 sketches 4 you for ages and ages - and I was inspired when I saw the sketch this week so I got straight on with a card.

I used a paper pack which I bought last year but never actually got round to using - K & Co peppermint twist.
I do love it when your papers are doublesided as you always have the perfect colour/pattern to match up and when I am making lots of cards - like for Christmas - I find it saves loads of time.

I have tried another new ribbon technique today - I sewed a running stitch along the middle and ruffled it a bit - I really like the effect and I'll definitely try it again.

I used a dimensional sticker which came with the paper stack and used the packaging to diecut some leaves which I glittered with stickles and layered up to, hopefully, look like a sprig of Christmas tree.

Thanks to Kazan @ 2s4u for another fabulous sketch and the fantastic DT who always inspire me x

I hope you like it - I had fun creating it and that is one less card left to make !
Thanks for looking x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

5 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful, love the ribbon treatment and the sweet color combo!

Jen Shults said...

This is really cute! I love the designer papers you used and that pine branch is AWESOME!!! Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. :D Hugs!!

Kristii said...

Such a fun card!!! I love the ruffled ribbon and the pine branch!!!

Jessica Theodore said...

Wow this is such a fun bright card! Love the pretty ribbon xx

Unknown said...

I love the card and that cute ornament too!
Thanks for joining us at 2 Sketches 4 You this week
:) Kazan