Friday 23 April 2010

Color Throwdown #89


Here is my entry into this weeks Color throwdown challenge (#89) and what beautiful colours they are this week.
I haven't played along for a few weeks and I've really missed it so I'm glad to come back to such a calming colour choice.


As it happens I had just got some new A4 sized papers from one of those pick and mix paper stations, you know the ones where you fit as much as you can into an envelope folder or box.
One of my new papers was this pattern which just seemed perfect. I teamed it with a pastel blue plain sheet, from the same bargain stand, and a sagelike sheet of bazzill basics card.
I decided on an easel card -I am lovin these at the moment - so little effort for such a wow factor.
The paper frill is from Bazzill basics too (I always buy these in white so I can ink or chalk them to match whatever colour I'm using although white seemed right on this card !)



The image is a gorgeous stamp from Penny black, which I stamped with black stazon and coloured using my NEW Lyra Aquacolor crayons.
This is the first time I've used these and I was amazed at just how easy they are to use and how beautifully they blend.
For those of you who haven't heard of them they colour like a crayon but they are also watercolours so they blend really easily - I would reccomend them to anyone.
I also stamped the balloons onto acetate and used my glossy accents to stick on a very thick layer of glitter which when dry I peeled off and stuck onto my image - I love the effect.

A bit of ribbon, a sentiment (See-D's Blooming friendships kit) and a few Pearls finished it off and I'm really very happy with it.

Hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by - leave me a comment so I know you've been and I can come visit you too.
((hugs)) Suzie xx

3 comments:

Poppit said...

Isn't it fun playing with new stuff! What a beautiful card. Great design, great sentiment. I must try my hand at one of those easel cards.... x

Tracy said...

Suzie this is gorgeous, that image is just adorable and i love the colours you have used. hugs Tracy x

LeAnne said...

Cool card--your coloring is great and that DP is BEAUTIFUL! Fun glittery balloons, too!